Introductory guides - other forms of oppression such as patriarch and racism

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
patient Insurgency's picture
patient Insurgency
Nov 14 2015 00:22
Introductory guides - other forms of oppression such as patriarch and racism
Hi guys, Has anyone here discussed maybe having another introductory guide for additional forms of oppression, that I think we all agree are intrinsic to state capitalism and completely in conflict with our values, such as patriarchal oppression of women, racism, and all of the other forms of discrimination we oppose? I think it would be helpful as many of the people opposed to libertarian communism seem to do so on anti feminist pro discrimination and privilege sort of grounds. Maybe it could be titled, "society" or something to that effect? I don't know but seeing as this is such an important set of issues for the libcom community I think it is worth at least a mention. This is one of the areas I personally need to improve on so I would personally appreciate it if the general perspective is set out clearly in the introductory guides, with links to further reading. Thanks
Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Nov 14 2015 14:38
Hey, yes we do plan to have introductory guides to gender, race and nationalism. We even started the gender one. However we just haven't had time to sort them out. So if anyone else wanted to draft some, based on the format of our existing introductory guides, which we could then add to etc it would be much appreciated!